It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced Dungeon Master or are new and would like to try your hand at DMing a game set in Exandria. Living Tal’Dorei is a great introduction to this unique setting that you can jump right into without having to spend a lot of time creating you own campaign.
Whether you choose to run a game at home, for friends, or to gather a group of players together in a gaming store, will find yourself an integral part of far-reaching shared story. In keeping with the spirit of Critical Role, we strive to make Living Tal’Dorei a world full of role-playing experiences as well as challenging combats, giving you the power to fully bring Tal’Dorei to life for your players.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DM?
While we’re fans of having all the bells and whistles at your disposal, we’re also gamers ourselves. We know what its like to be broke and scowl at the price of all those shiny hardcover gaming books!
So here are the basics that you really should have as your prepare to run a Living Tal’Dorei adventure–as well the extra items we think are worth splurging on when you’re able to expand your collection.
- Dungeon Master’s Guide (Dungeons & Dragons 5E)
- You really can’t DM without it. Read it, absorb it; become one with it. (Too much? Okay…in that case, just be ready to refer to it when needed.)
- Player’s Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons 5E)
- The same goes for the official Dungeons & Dragons PHB. You need to know how to play the game as well as how to run it.
- Living Tal’Dorei Dungeon Master’s Guide.
- A Living Tal’Dorei adventure.
- A set of dice, pens/pencils, and paper.
- 3-7 players
- Trust us here; any more or less and the scaling of the adventure starts to get weird.
NICE TO HAVES
- Critical Role: Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting (5E)
- Is it 100% necessary? No. We’re giving you the setting flavor necessary in each adventure. However–nothing is going to give you a better, deeper understanding of Tal’Dorei than this book. Nothing.
- And–come on. If you’re a Critter, you probably love Matt Mercer as much as we do. He poured a lot of time and effort into giving us this amazing world to play in–show him some love.